Beiträge von GazzaIsASaint

Hey guys.

Wow. What a trip Haha Was great to meet so many of you in Hannover at Machseefest, Dublin Inn, The special tree just all over the place. I can't thank you all enough for what you did for me. A few people have said that they would be interested in returning to Dublin when Germany take on Ireland in Landsdowne Road later this year.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/eve…atid=10004&minorcatid=741

That is the link for tickets. Unfortunately every ticket for the German end of the ground went to Germany but the game will not sell out and it's likely that if a big group of you book together that you could be on your own in the section.

The ground is on the fringes of the city centre so a city centre hotel will suit. Anyone who travelled to Dublin last week can advise you on them.

Thanks again and it was great to meet you all,

Gazza

Hi Gazza!
    Is that a 3-Day-Ticket or is that ja 72hr-Ticket?
    I'm in Dublin from Wednesday evening 'til Saturday morning (about 7 a.m.). That are four days (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday), but less than 72hrs...

Thanks in advance!

It is a 3 day ticket. The ticket can be used from first bus at around 6:00 to last bus at around 23:30. Unfortunately the buses do not start early enough for you to use Dublin Bus to get to the airport. You will either have to get a taxi, or
    http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.dublin.citycentre.php this coach service for €7. A taxi could cost as much as €30 for an airport journey.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Far…s/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/

Link to the tickets used for buses in travel around Dublin. These tickets CAN be used on the Airlink 747 bus from Dublin Airport to the city centre. So if you are here for the 3 days and purchase a 3 day ticket, the cost of the bus from Airport to City Centre (€6 single) and to the match (€5.35 return) almost adds up to the entire price of the €14.20 3 day ticket.
    These tickets can definitely be purchased in the airport from the tourist centre. I would highly recommend purchasing the prepaid tickets as they are convenient, on bus payment is exact change and if taking more than the above bus journeys it could work out much cheaper, especially if travelling back to the airport on the 747 Airlink.

See you guys soon,

Gazza

Hi Guys,

Me again. A few people have asked me about directions to their hotels in Dublin. There is an Airlink bus that goes to Heuston train station through the city centre for €6. It will go within close distance to most of your hotels provided they are in the city centre. If you tell me what hotels you are all staying in I will make you maps using Google Maps with the best way to get to your hotels. Plus if you need directions to anywhere else in Dublin I'll do my best.

All the best,

Gazza

Das Fanmagazin,

I don't actually quite know what to say. I'm stunned to be honest with you, I'm not going to lie I'm close to tears. musketeer54 has just emailed me on our saintsforum.net and told me about the pool you guys have done to help me make the trip to your beautiful city. I honestly can't believe it. It is the most generous thing anyone has ever done for me. I was wondering are any of you on Twitter??? My username is @Gnicireland and I'd love to keep in touch with you fans but I speak absolutely no German so I wouldn't understand you all on here.

I do not follow the Bundesliga too closely and most of the German football I see is the exploits of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the Champion's League (I do not know a lot about your club but I know enough not to mention Werder Bremen ;) ) I can tell you that when it comes to German football I am very much a Hannover 96 man from now on.

I know that your national side plays Ireland in Dublin later this year, I hope that the rest of your countrymen are as kind and good-spirited as Hanoverians. I am seriously stunned and touched by your generosity and cannot thank you enough. Football is a fantastic sport. It is such a shame that people not associated with the game only ever see and hear of the violence and hooliganism associated with European football and not this side of the game. The people on our forum cannot believe your generosity either. Expect to be welcomed like kings on Thursday seriously and thank you all again.

Gary Ó'Nualláin

locke

Ah sure I think everyone kind of knows that you'll probably go through in the end. It would be great to beat you on Thursday even if you beat us by more in Hannover just so we had the victory. Plus it would be good for our coefficient. To be honest as long as we perform well and the score is still close enough for the lads heading to Germany to have something to cheer for then I'll be happy.

Unfortunately I've been unemployed myself for awhile now and can't get the money together to make the trip. I'm really sad about it. Not only because of the match. I've never had much money to travel but I've always wanted to visit Germany. My dad loves your country. He even drove an old bus from just outside Dublin to Oktoberfest in Munich with some friends in the 1970's. Plus your city has a reputation as being one of the most beautiful in Germany. I think there are between 150-200 Saints making the trip.

As regards to it being our biggest game... unfortunately not :P We absolutely thrashed our bitterest local derby rivals 5-1 back in April, which included one of the nominations for European Goal of the year 2011/12 which is this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ScLap9bSYU by Christopher Forrester. His opener in that game wasn't bad either though on his weaker foot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjIm8sk67Y

Having said that this will be the biggest game in terms of money. Our club is now out of debt completely from the money after beating Siroki so we are delighted as one Irish premier league club (Monaghan United) has already folded this season. Plus it probably will be our biggest attendance so the atmosphere will be amazing!!!

You Hannover guys better be good and loud singers because it takes a lot to out-sing the Saints on a big game night :D Haha

Guten Tag my German friends.

Unfortunately that is the full extent of my German as I took French in school. I can't tell you how much we are all looking forward to your visit to Dublin on Thursday. We have not faced German opposition since 2008 when we played Hertha Berlin in the old UEFA Cup and were very unlucky not to beat them. This is a huge glamour tie for us and the money from German TV and prize money will pay for entire team for next year's season.

We have set up a thread on our forum saintsforum.net to help you all in any way that we can with your visit here at http://www.saintsforum.net/sho…-travelling-Hannover-fans

People are even talking of coming into the city centre on Thursday to meet you guys and bring you back to our local bar McDowell's for some pre-game drinks.

But that's not why I came on to post here. I understand that a lot of you are worried about tickets. I would prefer to have my ticket in my hand myself before I left for a foreign country but I think there will be enough for all travelling Hannover fans.
    Our average attendance at games is between 1700-2500 and up to 3000+ for a big derby or European tie. Due to UEFA regulations we cannot play in Richmond Park for this round as the capacity is not high enough.
    We are moving to the nearby Tallaght Stadium which has a capacity of 6000.

As always with a European tie in Ireland there will be fans from other clubs there, especially seeing as how you are a massive Bundesliga side. Even with this though I would guess that we would have 4000 maximum at Thursday's game and that's at the very most, it will probably be less. I know that you have been given 1200 tickets. That means that there are at least 800 tickets that could be purchased on the day of the game. Like I said 4000 is the very most that will be there for Saint Patrick's Athletic.

There probably will be segregation as it's normal in European games but do not feel intimidated to purchase a ticket for the home side of the ground. There is no hooligan element to our club and everyone including families will be perfectly safe in there.

It is likely that you will be given most of the East stand of Tallaght stadium and us Saints will be on the opposite west stand.

Final thing is if you are looking for a HQ Inchicore in Dublin is about 15-20 minutes drive from Tallaght stadium. That is where we play our home games and that is where will be drinking on the day of Thursday's game. McDowell's pub or Tavey's bar are the two bars and then we could all leave for the game together.

Safe travels to all travelling Germans, good luck and see you all Thursday :)

Danke scohen,

Gary