• What formation does Hannover Usually play? Is it a 4-3-3?

It seems to me that the 4-3-3 formation could be the reason for the lackluster play of Hannovers defence. It provides very little cover for the full backs...

Is this the case with Hannover?

• I think they variefy their formation from match to match. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

But i think they don't have any formation at the moment.

• Last season, it was generally said and written that they played 4-3-3. As the two wing attackers (in most of the games Idrissou and Stajner) often joined the midfielders, it was rather a 4-5-1 formation, i would say.

This season, the only definite statement one can make about the formation is that they still always play with 4 on a row in the defence. In recent games, Rangnick constantly changed between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1, partly dependent on how many and which attackers were fit.

In my opinion, the poor performance of Hannover's defence is not a matter of formation.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von JochenHeisig
    In my opinion, the poor performance of Hannover's defence is not a matter of formation.

But In my opinion the poor performance of Hannover`s offence is caused by their tactics. I prefer a 4-3-3 compared to a boring 4-5-1. It seems that our coach became more cautious about the results and wants to bag the points with less effort than before. Unfortunately, that doesn`t work.