Beiträge von Red

Mathis was not kicked out of the final 18 because of unusual behaviour. Most of the supporters and the media and also Lienen himself were not offended. It´s just that he made a lousy performance in the Bielefeld match just when we expected him to become the new hero. And Clint´s poor show against Bielefeld disappointed Lienen and therefore Clint was not in the final 18 on saturday.
    Besides, a loss to Rostock would have put Clint in a situation where he and the team would have been a sure bet for relegation. Now he´s in a team not so far from the top of the table and that´s a more comfortable situation for all the Hannover players including those who occasionaly do not make the starting line-up.

Wenn ein Feldspieler so einsteigt wie das Enke getan hat, dann bekommt der auch "nur" Gelb. Das sah nur deshalb so spektakulär aus, weil der Torwart weit draussen im Feld rumgesprungen ist.
    Aber gleichzeitig ist´s natürlich blöd wegen der daraus resultierenden Verletzung und deshalb muss man sich bei den Rostockern schon dafür entschuldigen.

Zitat

Original von strider026
    I dont see his situation in Hannover as good. Mathis is 27 and can not afford to be left off the game day roster for any length of time. Lienen is wasting him even with his crazy antics. When is the next transfer window?

There is a rumour that Hannover96 would be willing to accept a reaonable offer. There is no offer at the moment. But the next transfer window would allow a trade in January.

"...just a cover" - strider026 - yes, i think so. :misstrauisch:

The US-ElSalvador-match is on 09OCT and that´s still a few days away. In fact, the local newspaper (HAZ) gave the explanation that Clint was already leaving for the worldcup qualifier on saturday (02OCT). Obviously, this explanation was chosen by some officials who didn´t like to publish anything about a bad relationship between Clint and Lienen. It would have been more accurate to say: Ok, Lienen didn´t want Clint in the final 18 and therefore he gave him extra time to prepare for his trip to North America. Do I have to point out again that I saw Clint this morning at Hannover - one day after the Rostock match? He left for the States today, just like Julian De Guzman did. And Guzzi played, didn´t he!?
    For the Wolfsburg match I expect Clint to be back in Germany but I doubt that he will make the final 18 then. Probably we will hear about an excuse like "playing in the US and traveling and being tired..."

Clint had some very good appearances last season and he and Cherundolo always play best when they can play together and he is definetely better than Sousa. So please, Clint, stay with Hannover96! Do not even think about leaving Hannover next winter!

Absolut unverzichtbar fand ich vor allem Nationalverteidiger Per und "Karate-"Enke. Ansonsten haben die anderen Abwehrspieler zumindest so ordentlich gespielt, dass es gegen den schwachen Gegner gereicht hat.
    Im Mittelfeld haben Guzzi und Dabro schon mal besser gespielt, aber das war auch ´ne ordentliche Leistung gestern von beiden. Krupi hat über weite Strecken "unverzichtbar" gespielt, aber in der zweiten Hälfte kam auch nicht wirklich viel positives von ihm.
    Im Angriff ist TC unverzichtbar, kann die Mannschaft mitreissen, leider gestern ohne Erfolg. Barnetta und Leandro waren trotz Tor eher Durchschnitt und müssen weiterhin beweisen, dass sie echte Verstärkungen sein (werden) können. Besser als Stajner waren sie aber allemal (warum musste Jürgen kurz vor Schluss noch rein - sorry, Stajni ist für mich absolu verzichtbar). Daniel Stendel mit Licht und Schatten: Erst stolpert er über seine eigenen Füsse, kurz danach sein Treffer.

Für die Zukunft hoffe ich eher auf Mathis als auf Sousa. Warum nicht ein Duo mit Krupi und dem Commander?

Hannover96 will play without Clint at Rostock today.
    One could have expected that considering his performance against Bielefeld. And still, there are tensions between MrLienen and Clint.
    This time, however, everybody seems to be happy that the reason for Clint missing the Rostock match, has nothing to do with MrLienen´s disapproval of old "44"´s behaviour. I.e., at least officially: Clint Mathis is already leaving for the US-Soccer-Team-qualifiers at El Salvador (09OCT) and vs Panama (13OCT). One might notice that today´s match (02OCT) would not interfere with any preparation for the El Salvador qualifier, but that´s how the story goes...
    So, we will have to wait and see. Let´s hope that the tensions are gone when Clint returns to Germany in about two weeks.

03OCT - Had a brief encounter with Clint this morning and he seemed to be in a good mood. So I´m confident he will have a good time in the US and return in good shape to help Hannover96!